Sunday, May 13, 2012

38 weeks

Well, I'm 38 weeks along today, and if I were to go into labor at the same point in this pregnancy as I did with Aubrey, tonight would be the night.  I don't think tonight is the night, though. :(

Honestly, everything is fine.  I'm just ready for it to be done!  At my appointment last Thursday, I was still dilated to a 1 "and a little wiggle" (kind of gross, I know, but she said it's more than a 1, but not quite a 2), still 50% effaced, and my cervix has softened up a little.  I started taking Evening Primrose Oil last Sunday at 37 weeks, and let her know at this appointment, and she said that's possibly what softened up my cervix.  So, I've since upped my own dosage from 1 pill per day to 3.  (the package says to take 3 a day, but I wasn't going to jump all the way in at first) ha.  She said that unless I go into labor by myself, she wants to induce me as soon as Wednesday, May 16th, and no later than the following Wed., May 23rd.  Where in that week I would want to schedule it is up to me, but she won't let me go longer than the 23rd.  I questioned why, since Maci has been perfect at all the ultrasounds and my blood pressure has been controlled on the medicine, and she just said "that's the rules...it's for the safety of the baby".  Ummm. ok. I think this baby is going to hang in there longer because of my blood pressure medicine controlling that better.  I did go ahead yesterday and get my hospital bag put together for the most part, and a small bag packed for Aubrey, in case we need to send her to a friend's house for a little while until Jane or my parents can make it into town.  I am totally ready for baby Maci.  Her nursery is done, everything sterilized, etc.  We're just waiting for her!  Matt rolls his eyes at me, but since my dr's appointment on Thursday, I've been doing all the little tricks to try to get labor rolling (long, brisk walks, spicy foods, EPO, hot baths, etc...), since I REALLY do not want to go through with an induction.  We'll see how my appointment goes this coming Thursday, but hopefully there will be more progress.  We won't schedule the induction until her last possible day, but hopefully she will come before that.  So, Maci will be here no later than May 23rd!  Maybe she'll even make her appearance on my birthday! :)
Not lookin' too hot! :(

2 comments:

Chet and Ashley said...

I think you look perfect! I was way more ready for Lorelei to come than Syd, I think b/c I knew what was coming and I wanted to get it over with, ha! I was so happy not to be pregnant anymore...it makes a big difference when you already have a little one to chase after! I can't wait for Maci's arrival!

Courtney said...

I think maybe you should go ahead and schedule the induction. Perhaps that will get her moving on out! Just schedule it for the 23rd :)