Well, obviously, I've gotten a *little* behind on blogging since Maci has arrived! I honestly don't know where to start, so I guess I'll start with posting my very last pregnancy picture, at 39 weeks (technically, I took the very last one on my iPhone right before going into the hospital for the induction, but I haven't plugged my phone into the computer recently, so that picture will stay there for a while, along with MOST of the pictures I've taken of Aubrey and Maci recently!)
| 39 weeks |
Alright, on to the labor story....
As I'm sure you all know, baby Maci was nice and cozy in my belly, and had to be induced to get out of there. I was scared to death of inductions, but I wasn't given much of a choice. She was scheduled to arrive on May 23rd, starting at 5am. We got to the hospital on time, and by 5:30am, I was hooked up to monitors and pitocin. I expressed my scared-ness to the nurse about how much I've heard pitocin hurts, and she said that some people are in dire pain within 7 minutes of being hooked up, and others don't feel it much. Thank GOD I was one who didn't feel it much. Very shortly after, I was able to feel my stomach tightening, but I felt no pain. I was still only 2 cm dilated and about 50% effaced when I got hooked up to everything. At 7:05am, the dr came in and broke my water, even though I was still only 2cm. By 8:15am, I could feel the contractions, but they still weren't painful in the least. 9:25am, the contractions were lasting longer and more frequent, but weren't too painful. At 9:45am, I was 4 cm and 80% effaced, and the contractions were becoming more painful. At this point, I started debating an epidural because of the pain, and the fact that I wasn't dilating as fast as I had expected. At 11:25, I was 5cm, 80%, and after much thinking, decided to ask for the epidural. I went back and forth thinking, "well, I did it once without the epidural, so I know I can do it again." to thinking "well, I did it once, so why be a hero and try to do it again?". LOL. At 11:50am, I received the epidural, and let me tell you. It was the WORST decision I ever made. Worst. I still felt pain straight in my girly parts, and only there. It did dull the pain in my belly, but the girly parts part is the worst, and it didn't help AT ALL there. Plus, it was the worst part of my recovery. Very sore. Anyway, by 12:35pm, I was thinking it MAY be time to start pushing, but they assured me that I was only 7cm. They did start prepping the room though, because I kept saying that it was VERY close to time. A lot of hustle and bustle happened from that point on with about 7 nurses trying to get the room ready and keep me from pushing before the dr got there, but finally, she came RUNNING into the room, I started pushing, and sweet Maci was born at 1:09pm.
Here is our new little beauty...
| Immediately after being brought into this world! (I was a tad bit emotional!) |
| On the scales |
| Coming home |
| With her proud big sister |
![]() |
| This and the following 4 are the pictures that they came around to take in the hospital |
I hadn't added this part anywhere else, but her stats are:
Maci Blake Phillips
May 23, 2012
1:09 pm
6lb 8oz
20 inches





1 comment:
Good for you for posting your labor story so soon! I still haven't posted Lorelei's...or Sydney's...labor story, ha! It's still on my to-do list, but I doubt it will happen at this point. I love your reasoning for getting an epidural this time, but am so sorry it didn't work out very well! I had a wonderful epidural with Sydney, but the epidural experience was not good with Lorelei. It was fine during the labor process, but they turned it off when it was time to push, and I felt everything (probably because I had to push an hour plus). Anyway, I'm so glad you didn't have to push for long with either girl. Maci is so, so, SO precious...does Aubrey just love her to pieces?
Post a Comment