Monday, May 7, 2012

Aubrey's Room

Let's see if I can make this post any better.  Like I said...I'm HATING this new method of uploading pictures. 

Anyway, for Aubrey's room, based on price and quality (furniture stores had VERY little selection of white furniture, and what they had seemed really cheaply made and expensive), we decided to get Aubrey's furniture from Pottery Barn Kids.  I love it.  It's so cute and sturdy!  So, along with the furniture, we (I) also needed to get her PBK bedding!  There are some touches of being super cheap in here, but whatever.  You've gotta save some, too!  Here's the tour...

The main part of her room.  Canvases above the bed were made by me.  The lamp came from Hobby Lobby, and the bookshelf came from Target, but it matches her other furniture almost perfectly (and was half the price).  I love the glittery butterflies and dragonfly above the bookshelf...those came from Canton! :)
The open door on the right is the door walking into her room.  The doors on the far left are her main closet, and the door to the left of the dresser is the "under the stairs" closet, which doesn't have much functionality except to throw a bunch of stuff in.  This wall is still pretty plain, so I may add more, but that's it for now!

Doorway as you walk in is on the left.  Her tall chest, with canvases I made to match the bedding.  Please ignore the pile of toys on the floor in the corner, but you also see her little "everywhere" chair from PBK, and her curtains are also from there.  (cheap rod.  gotta save somewhere...)
Close up of the canvases





2 comments:

Courtney said...

Does Aubrey just LOVE her room? She looks so cute and proud sitting on her bed! :) It all looks so good! I miss you being in Texas where I could just drive right up and see everything. :(

Chet and Ashley said...

Is that the Lydia bedding from PBK? I love it so much!!! I've had my eye on that, and have been itching to redo Syd's room, but I'm going to wait until we move again. I'm thinking the girls may share a room at the next house...

I'm like you: there are certain things I think are worth splurging on, but others I could care less about (curtain rod).