Monday, May 7, 2012

37 week update

Alright, finally on to my 37 week update.  I went on Thursday for my ultrasound and dr. appointment, and as usual, everything is perfect.  She checked me for any more progress and I was disappointed to find that I was still only at 1 cm dilated, but also 50% effaced this time.  Still, not really much had changed!

I've met a few ladies here through taking Aubrey to the library for story time on Tuesdays, and since then, they've all had us over for dinner or dessert so we could get to know each other better and let Aubrey get a little more comfortable with them in case we need help when I go into labor and no body is able to make it up here in time to watch Aubrey while Matt and I are in the hospital.  Last weekend, we went to Marilyn's house, who has 5 kids ranging in age from 15 down to 2.  Aubrey had a BLAST at their house!  This past Saturday night, we went next door to have dinner, and they have 3 kids, aged 5, 3, and 1.  Then, last night, we went to Candace's house for dinner, and they also have 5 kids, ranging in age from 17 down to 1!  All of these families are sooo sweet, and I think Aubrey will be more than comfortable to slip right in, if necessary. 

I took my 37 week picture last night before heading to Candace's house, so it's probably the one time this week that I actually looked like a decent person.  Other than this, I pretty much wear Matt's shorts around (unbuttoned, if they're cargo shorts), and a tank top.  eek.
37 weeks!
 Last weekend, I also finished up sanding and painting my pallets that I picked up on the side of the road!  Matt kept looking at them and thinking that there is no way that they'll look good hanging on a wall, but guess what??  He likes them!  We got those hung this weekend, and I'll also show a picture of the old shutters that I re-finished and hung up last weekend.  I'm loving all of these "new" decorations, but I'll still be playing around with the stuff inside for the pallets for a while, I'm sure.  I just wanted to share these pictures because I'm afraid if I don't now, I never will!
The shutter headboard in the guest bedroom :)
The pallet I hung in the upstairs living/game room
and the pallet hanging in the living room downstairs.  I definitely want to re-arrange this one with more/other stuff, and get some nice big family prints hung up on either side of it.  Even with this big pallet on the wall (that looks tiny in this picture!), there's still a LOT of wall left over that needs something!