**WARNING! At the end of this post, I will be posting pictures from my LASIK procedure. Some of these pictures look a little disturbing!**
Well, when I went home for Christmas, it was FINALLY my turn to get Lasik! My mom had gotten it a year or 2 ago (before Courtney worked for Mann Eye Institute), Courtney and Trey got it in October, my Dad and friend Taryn got it done in November, and then I got it done in December! Then, my friend Amanda will be getting it done in January, but with a different doctor. I'll just say that it was TOTALLY worth it. The procedure was quick and painless, but it was one of the weirdest things EVER. If I ever need to get a touch up, I will do it of course, but I won't look forward to it....just too weird! I'm seeing great - 20/15 in my right eye and 20/20 in my left eye, but the left eye especially is still pretty dry, so they expect that vision to improve. I've never seen this good even with my contacts. It's amazing.
The morning of the procedure, I had to go in for a normal check up and get my eyes dilated...that's why I'm wearing their goofy sunglasses underneath my glasses on my way to get LASIK done.
Taking the valium to make me loopy :)
Prepping and waiting...
Laying at the machine to get the flaps cut on my eyes...
Flaps have been cut, and I moved to the machine that would do the vision correction.
Eyelashes taped down and eyes taped wide open...
As if the tape wasn't going to keep my eyes open, they added "the torture device". (No, this didn't hurt, even though it looks like it would...)
All Done!
Aubrey wasn't sure what to think of my fly eye goggles :)
I was able to get all these cool (gross) pictures because Courtney works there. She was able to get the special priveledge of actually going in the room with me instead of having to wait outside. She took lots and lots of videos also, but you couldn't really see anything happening, so I stuck to the pictures! :)
The morning of the procedure, I had to go in for a normal check up and get my eyes dilated...that's why I'm wearing their goofy sunglasses underneath my glasses on my way to get LASIK done.
No comments:
Post a Comment