Since we had very limited time in Houston, we had to split it up between my family in Humble, and Matt's side of the family in Lake Jackson. Since I had never been to the Phillips traditional Christmas Eve lunch at Memaw's house in Bay City, and Matt really wanted to spend Christmas Day with his Grandparents, we decided to do the actual holiday with his family, and to create our own holiday for my side of the family. So, we celebrated Christmas on December 22nd with my parents and grandparents. Looking back at the pictures now, I see that I didn't get any pictures of my Mom and Mimi...I'm sorry!
This rocking chair that Aubrey is sitting in has quite the history. It was my PawPaw's Mom's chair, so Aubrey's great-great grandmothers! It was then passed along to PawPaw, my Mom, Courtney and Me, and now Aubrey. We sat her in it and she immediately started rocking herself...so cute!
Courtney and Trey...
PawPaw, Matt, Dad, and Aubrey..
Aubrey in the little turtle backpack my mom gave her...possibly my favorite gift given to Aubrey yet! It's so stinkin' adorable - I can't wait until she can wear it to daycare/preschool!
Courtney being a goofball. My mom had given her this crazy, Jamaican looking Bob Marley hat. Then, she found the bamboo nativity scene camel that Jane had sent to my parents from Indonesia and thought it looked like a pipe...(before we figured out it was in fact a camel made out of bamboo...)
1 comment:
I love that you have a rocking chair with history!! That is so darn cute!
Post a Comment