Friday, December 11, 2009

Blogging for a Cause

So, a few months back, my friend Lindsay got me totally addicted to a blog. It's called Cake Wrecks, and its address is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/. I check it out every single day because it's absolutely hilarious! They just post pictures of horrendous professional cakes and the commentary that goes along with them is hilarious. I highly recommend checking it out!

Not only is this blog good for a great laugh every morning, but much to my surprise, this morning I saw that they are picking a new charity every day for the next 14 days and challenging each of their blog followers (80,000 people!) to donate $1 to each of these charities for 14 days, so a total of $14. I thought this was a great idea, especially in light of the Christmas season. We all get so caught up in gifts, and forget about all the people in the world that are in need.

Now, I know that the chosen charity of the day may not be of interest to you, but I encourage everyone to check out this blog each day and see who they're giving to for the day. If it's a charity that reaches out to you, please give something...anything! If it's not one you're interested in, then maybe you can give a little more to the others. Today's charity was called Charity: Water, and it digs water wells for people in underdeveloped countries so they can have some clean water to drink. Something I know *I* take for granted every single day!
I know we don't all have a ton of money hanging around at the end of the month, but I think most of us can spare $14 this month...I think this was a great idea by the creators of Cake Wrecks!

No comments: