Tuesday, October 23, 2012

5 Months!


 @ 5 months old, Maci:
~ forgot how to sleep.  We've been trying to work on that by letting her cry when she wakes up at night, but before she should really need to eat.  After her screaming for an hour straight the last 2 nights, I've given up.  I can't bear to hear it, and she sounds hoarse from it, and dang it - if I just feed her she'll go right back to sleep and we're both missing out on less sleep that way!
~ I can't take her anywhere with me without people stopping to ask about her and comment on how cute she is :)
~ still won't take a bottle or paci.  Though I'm trying a sippy cup now.  She sucks on it, but I'm pretty sure spits out ALL of the formula right back on her bib.  We'll work on that!
~ STILL doesn't roll over!  or sit unassisted.  I'm hoping for that this month!
~ will not allow us to go out to dinner.  at all.  Not even to fast food.  She's moved her bedtime up, and anything past 6:30 is pure torture. That's bathtime. (ETA - We have found that going out for breakfast on weekends is great! :))
~ She will be starting solid foods this month (or trying, at least)!  I'm excited about it!  As soon as I'm done writing this post, I will be going in to work on making pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and apples, which will all go into the freezer for when we're ready!

EDIT TO ADD:
~ So far, Maci loved the pumpkin, but did not enjoy the avocado.  We will try butternut squash tonight (I think...I'm letting Aubrey decide...lol)
~ Within the last week, I think we've gotten a little better with our schedule for Maci, because she really has become a happier baby all the time, with lots of not only talking now, but squealing! She's definitely finding her little voice to do something with besides cry! :)
~ She's learning all about her tongue.  She loves to stick it out, and kind of curl it up and touch her top lip with the tip of her tongue.  I think this is the cutest thing ever!
~ I can always tell when Maci is tired because she will put her hand on her head above her ear and pull down.  Aubrey's tell tale sign was eye rubbing, but Maci rarely does that...it's the head swipe that tells me.  Then, as I'm putting her to sleep, she just mumbles and groans and talks up a storm while she's winding down.  It's pretty cute, too :)
Smiling, and falling over!
Aubrey insisted on having her picture taken this morning, too.  She made different faces.  This one is "scared".  ha!  She had her first visit to the dentist this morning.  (I have a couple of pictures, but they're on my phone.  I'll have to upload everything from there soon...)  She did great, and keeps talking about how shiny her teeth are now!  lol.  She also had a bad, bad day at preschool yesterday.  Her teacher told me that she just kept hitting other kids, and pushing them out of the way, and tried to trip the other teacher!  Come on, Aubrey!  You know better than that!  So, she had a talk with each of her teachers, one with the principal!, multiple talks from me, and one from Daddy.  She's not allowed to ride her bikes or drive her Jeep this week.  She's very sad about that.  So hopefully, this bully behavior stops!  argh!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

sounds like Maci is a party pooper. lol