Well, things have gotten NUTS around here. I can't seem to stay off the phone, email, or out of appointments. Between talking to the realtor, home builder in Tulsa, banks, relocation company, movers, and inspectors, I may just go crazy.
I guess it was last week that I spent in Houston for one last long visit before the move. We got to visit with all of my side of the family, as well as spend a morning with Matt's grandparents and grandma in Lake Jackson, and attend Taryn's beautiful baby shower. Oh, and while I was there, I whipped up 3 sheets and a mattress pad for Courtney and baby Cash. When we got back into Bullard, the race was on. I immediately had a home inspector, sprinkler inspector, and septic inspector come that the relocation company had ordered. Everything came back mostly perfect, with a couple of very minor things the home inspector wanted us to fix. So, we thought we were free and clear! We got an offer on the house (which was expected from one of the guys that Matt worked at XTO with), and now, they're having to send all of the inspectors out. As well as the plumbing inspection that the relocation company forgot to send out. And their inspector found that he thinks we have hail damage on the roof. Great. Now we need a roofer to look at it, and then possibly file an insurance claim. In the meantime, I had planned to go to Canton this Friday with my friend Lindsey who took the day off work. I refuse to not go, but I'm afraid that something is going to "pop up" to make it difficult. Despite bugging the mortgage company almost daily, they STILL don't have the 2-3 papers that I need to sign in order to close on the house in Broken Arrow sent down here to a title company for me to sign. The movers come on Monday and pack. Then load and leave on Tuesday. Could I possibly be more stressed out?! Oh, and I'm 7 months pregnant.
Speaking of pregnant, here I am.
Getting bigger. I feel Maci move all the time now, which I LOVE, considering I have a backwards placenta this time that made her movements really hard to detect in the beginning. I'm pretty proud of myself, because despite all of the craziness listed above, I've managed to complete her crib skirt, 3 sheets, and almost finished her quilt. (just have to hand sew the binding part). Also, I've re-finished a small side table for her room, along with 2 shelves. They used to be plain maple colored wood which I thought was super ugly, but now they are all antiqued and distressed ivory. Here is the completed side table, and the shelves match.
Also, a pinterest idea. I found this black picture frame in a box that was never unpacked from moving to Bullard. I had it in my office at Halliburton. I spray painted this the same ivory color and distressed it, then made a button monogram for Maci's room. I'm pretty dang proud of myself (for all of this, really)!
Another pinterest find was "dying" mason jars to be colorful. I had already practiced some of these and decided to use those jars for buttons in my scrapbook room. I decided that I needed some in pink, yellow, and grey for Maci's room. I'll put these on top of the white shelves I painted over the changing table and fill them with baby qtips, cotton balls and butt cream, and also decorate them by making little frayed ribbons out of some scraps from her bed fabric and tie them around the mouths of the jars.
I am just SOOOO ready to see her room come together at the new house! The painters were there today and tomorrow painting 3 of the bedrooms and one bathroom (Maci's - grey, with one wall being horizontal grey and white stripes, Aubrey's - grey, the girl's bathroom - grey, and the scrapbook/play room - grey, with one wall being a B-e-a-utiful aqua blue!!). I've also got a great big frame and Maci's name spelled out to put over her crib, and then I'm hoping to make and/or buy some paper lanterns and tissue paper pom poms to hang in a corner, or over her crib...we'll just have to see how things are working out in there.
And lastly, I'm going to leave a few pictures of Aubrey since I haven't posted about her much. It's been interesting being a "single" mom for the past almost 3 weeks, and some days have been wonderful while others have been quite challenging, leaving me in tears at times. Either way, I LOVE this sweet little girl, and I'm just afraid of what bringing a new baby into her life will do! (all recent pictures I've taken have been with my iPhone)
This was her on Valentine's day (or right around then). I bought and gave her a few red heart doilies, and when I went out into the living room, she had laid one on each of her toys that were out at the time. I thought it was sooo sweet. So, there were doilies laying on her "big baby", her bee bean bag chair, her vacuum cleaner, her stuffed puppy, etc. And here, she's holding hers and mine :)
These next two are just from today. While the inspector was inspecting, we just hung out in her room and colored.
Until it was time for her very last gymnastics class here. At the end, they had a sort of "going away party" for her, where they all just gave her a high give and then got all kinds of goodies from the teacher, including this kitty cat mask (which she has been calling her Hello Kity mask)....
Whew. That post ended up being MUCH longer than I expected. The gist of it? I've been one BUSY and STRESSED OUT mama!!
2 comments:
Love! but you already knew that. :)
You must be exhaused! You will look back on this and wonder how you ever did it...I feel your pain since we have also done our share of moving!
I LOVE all of your projects! I also can't wait to see Maci's room! As well as picture of the rest of the house! I'm glad you have at least a little bit of time after you move and Maci arrives.
It's so funny that you used the term "butt cream". Chet calls it that, so now Sydney also calls it that (although I'm fairly certain she doesn't know what she's saying).
Post a Comment