Sunday, February 12, 2012

25 weeks

Well, I am now 25 weeks, and let me tell you, this picture was hard to take. Matt has already left for Tulsa (he starts work in the morning), so I tried to take this using the mirror in our bedroom and then bathroom with no good ones. I called Matt to say goodnight, and he said "Why don't you just set the timer on it and set it on the counter to take the picture?" Uh, duh. So, here is take like, 15 or so.I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'm interested in seeing if he'll have any more rude comments about my weight gain. I'll also have to talk with them about the move since this should be my last appointment with them, and I've been paying my part of the whole labor and delivery since you have to pay that in advance. We should have money coming back to us, but hopefully they aren't jerks about it.

OK, as for the move, there were a couple questions in the comment section from last week. Our close date as of now is March 5th, and last I asked the mortgage lady, she said there's no reason that date can't be met. So, we should move in very shortly after that. The builder had told Matt before we actually signed a contract that he wouldn't mind getting us the key earlier so we could go in and see if there were things that needed to be done, painting, measurements, etc., so hopefully he will do that. So far, they've been GREAT to work with, so hopefully that continues. For distance from our house to Humble, it should take about 8-8.5 hours to drive it.

ok, on to pictures on the second floor. First, the lovely, dark stairwell. We have asked the builder if it was possible to install some type of sconce light on the stairway, and he has said yes, so Matt should be meeting him over there sometime this week to choose where to put it. We figured with two small children, we'll have enough spills down the stairs...we don't need to have a dark stairway to help that out!When you get to the top of the stairs and turn left, you'll find the guest bedroom, upstairs bathroom (attached to the guest bedroom), and a linen closet.When you hit the top of the stairs and turn to the right, you've got 2 or 3 more stairs to go up, and you'll be in the second living area/game room - whatever you want to call it. We would like to put a nice sleeper sofa and loveseat in here with a TV, and then in that little alcove off to the left, maybe put a little sitting/reading area with comfy arm chairs and bookshelves.This is the other upstairs bedroom, which will be used as the girl's playroom and my scrapbook room :) (taking pictures of bedroom just makes them look tiny, but these upstairs rooms are actually a pretty decent size.) Walking out of the play/scrapbook room, you see this...Here is another view from the corner of the upstairs living room. The little window on the wall on the left is really, REALLY unique. We thought it was pretty cool. It's a little window to look down on the downstairs living area. There's a glass pane door on this side, and then on the outer wall (that you see from the downstairs living area) it's got little double wood doors with a cute little latch on them. I thought this was really fun, but of course, we'll have to keep it latched shut until the girls know better than to try to take a nose dive down! Right behind me as I take this picture is a door to the attic that you can just walk in. No ducking, and it's a HUGE storage space. Matt has plans to build some shelves in there, but we'll see if that ever happens! :)I believe that completes the tour of our new house! I'm so excited to get things moved in and settled, but so sad about leaving Texas. I just wish we knew SOMEONE up there! :(

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh, I like. But I hate that you're leaving. so much for our plan of cousins close in age. poo. :(((