Sunday, February 5, 2012

24 weeks, and our OTHER big news...

Well, I'm just going to start off with my 24 week picture first, then dive into the big news that has already been shared on facebook.

Here I am at 24 weeks, and as you know, we were in Tulsa house-hunting this past weekend. That means eating out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I'm a little nervous about what the scale will tell me at my next appt on the 13th. Oh well. I won't have him as a dr. much longer! :)
Alright, now onto the move. As stated before, we are relocating to Tulsa, OK. Matt accepted a job with Samson Resources which is headquartered in Tulsa, so off we go! Matt can give the explanation as to why he was ready to leave ExxonMobil, but to make the long story short, it's basically because he felt as if he was just one out of a million employees, and he didn't really matter. Kind of. I guess.

Anyway, our house hunting trip was a huge success, as we've made an offer on a house and it was accepted within an hour. We were starting to get a little discouraged because we'd seen SO MANY houses, and they were all just "ok". None of them gave us this "WOW" factor. Finally, we found one that we really, really liked, but weren't quite sure the location was right for us. So we continued looking. By Saturday afternoon, we decided we wanted to see that house again and went back to it. On our way back into town, the realtor told us that she just wanted us to see this one last house before we actually made a move on the one out in the boonies. SO GLAD she did, because this was IT. We walked in, and it had the WOW factor! It is a 5 bedroom house (with 3 of the 5 bedrooms downstairs) 3 bathroom house, with a 3 car garage. It has just under 3400 square feet. I can't begin to describe the woodwork done in this house, as well as all the extras, and the pictures just don't do it justice. Every counter in the house is granite, the kitchen and master bathroom being GORGEOUS lighter colored granite with beautiful quartz pieces scattered throughout. The rest of the bathrooms and laundry room have dark black granite counters. All of the appliances in the kitchen are Frigidaire, and it has double convection ovens and a 5 burner gas stove. I guess now all I can do is post a few pictures. They aren't the best, especially the ones of the outside, as my car was parked in the driveway and it was a very dreary day, as well as the fact that the landscaping has not been completed, and there's also a few things in the house that you'll see aren't completed, either. (brand new house)

Here is the front of the house, and then a closeup of the front entry/porch.
And here is right as you walk in the front door, and a little to the left. Right in front of you is a wall with the coat closet, then to the left is an entrance to the kitchen, with the stairs, downstairs bedrooms, bathroom, and laundry room all to the left.
To the right is the formal dining room (where Matt and Aubrey are standing), and if you kind of walk in to the right, and then turn right again, you are in the office. Please look at the plate thingie above the light fixture (I have no idea what it's actually called...)
And this is the ceiling to the office. (Remember the woodwork I told you about!?)ok, so then as you walk farther in past the formal dining, you run into the breakfast area, and then the kitchen to the left.(notice that the cabinets are not complete)Then, there's the great room (with awesome ceiling and lighting, also), and to the left of that is the master bedroom with a huge bathroom and closet. (I wish I could include pictures of all of this, but I have a TON)ok, I'll show a couple more pictures of the downstairs, then I'm calling that quits for now. This is a huge post. So, I said that when you first walked in the front door, if you went to the left, you'd find the girls rooms, stairs, bathroom, and laundry room. Here are those things...This next picture barely gets the doorway to their bathroom, which is above, then the glass pane door covers the stairs. We thought that was odd, but actually liked it, because we can just put a nice latch on it up high, and it can act as the baby gate. Straight ahead in this picture will be Maci's room (pretty small with a HUGE closet), and then between that and the stairs is Aubrey's room (bigger room with about the same size closet she has now). On the left side of this hallway is the laundry room and a linen closet.This is the laundry/mud room. It actually has a mud bench, which you can BARELY see in the left side of the mirror. Mirror in the laundry room is odd, too, but whatever. I'm actually standing in a hole where a 2nd refrigerator or freezer can go.SO, there's the tour of the downstairs. I'll have to do the upstairs later, as I need to get Aubrey in bed! Hope ya'll like the house...we LOVE it!! :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW. I'm loving it. :) How far away from Tyler was it?

Chet and Ashley said...

What an amazing, unique house, Danielle! I love that it is brand new, but simultaneously has the charm of a very old house...it's great! How soon will you be moving?