Friday, February 19, 2010

My poor, sick baby

Aubrey has been sick all week. I decided on Monday after work that I was going to call first thing on Tuesday morning to get her a dr. appt, so I did, and got her appt for 11:40 that day. When I called to let the daycare know when I'd be picking Aubrey up, they said I just needed to go get her right then (this was about 8:30am) because she'd just projectile vomited. Lovely. So we got the dr. that day, and her fever was up to 102 degrees, and she had a runny nose and terrible sounding cough. They did a swab to see if she had RSV, and it came negative, but she did end up having an ear infection. We got an rx for some ammoxicillin (which she's taken before and LOVED), but this time around, she decided it wasn't so good. She spit it back out at us every time. We tried every trick in the book to get her to take it, and the only thing that worked was to mix it in with her bottle, but then she wouldn't drink the whole bottle, so she didn't get the whole dosage. I called the dr. and they said we could try another rx that she'd only have to take for 3 days (instead of 10 days of the ammoxicillin), or we could go in and get her a shot. I opted for the other rx because I didn't want to make the drive to Durango again. That rx was even worse. So, I made an appt to go back to the doctor on Thursday afternoon. When we got there, they checked her ear to find that the infection had gone away on it's own (go figure), but that she had started to wheeze. I swear...if it's not one thing, then it's always another! So now we're giving her breathing treatments at home 3 times a day with a nebulizer, which she (of course) hates. Sorry about the book, there...that was a long story.

Anyway, here are some pictures of Aubrey from this week while she was sick (you'd never know from the pictures that she wasn't feeling well). I will admit that I loved how cuddly she was when she wasn't feeling good. That was about the only positive thing....

She's nekkid in these pictures because she'd just puked all over herself...(can you tell?)This was the day she was at her worst...These were on Wednesday when she couldn't go to daycare because she had to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning. She didn't have a fever all day, and was her normal self, for the most part...(I love this last one :))
Here is Aubrey sharing Duke's bed, and Duke giving her the once over...Thankfully, Aubrey's drooling has let up again (though no new teeth have popped through...she's still just got the bottom 2!), because she refuses to keep a bib on most of the time. Here's a series of pictures of her yanking it off like she often does...
Whew. Between this post and the last one, I think I've kept everyone more than up to speed with our lives. Matt never has anything exciting. He just loves work.

No comments: