Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Funny girl

Ever since Aubrey was born, I have LOVED being a Mom. Absolutely nothing compares to it. But lately, she's just been SO MUCH FUN!

-Of course, you saw on my previous post that she's started walking. I can tell each day that she's getting better with it, though her preferred method of transportation is still either pushing her little stroller, crawling, or being carried.

-While doing laundry, it has become my habit to bring Aubrey to the laundry room with me, and she "helps" me get the clothes/towels out of the dryer and into the laundry basket, then I put Aubrey on top of the laundry in the basket and push it into the bedroom or living room for folding. (She LOVES this) So on Sunday, after we got into the living room (via "train" in Aubrey's case), I took her out of the basket so I could get the towels out, and she promptly climbed right back in and started waving the towels around. She's my little goofball :o)







-In the evening, I have started pulling Aubrey's door almost closed, but leaving it just a crack open so that when the heater comes on, the heat stays in her room and it's nice and warm for when she goes to bed. She's also gotten to where we'll be sitting in the living room playing with her toys, and she'll suddenly get up and crawl or use her stroller to go back to her room and play with her books in there. She will actually go down the hallway, turn to go into her room, and push the door open to get in there! She knows who's room that is!

-Today, when I went to pick Aubrey up from daycare, she apparently scratched the *you know what* out of her face. Poor thing. Ignore the drool running down her chin with dog hair stuck in it, and snot running down her face. I promise, I'm a good mom and I DO bathe my daughter, despite what this picture makes it look like!



-She's also learned how to pick up and hold the toy she just can't live without (for the moment), and hold onto the stroller handle to walk along with her toy at the same time. It took a little practice, but she now knows to hold the toy and adjust her grip with her other hand to make sure she's got a good hold on the toy, and then fling it over the top of the stroller handle so that her wrist rests on top of it, and wa-lah! Walking while holding her favorite (for the moment) toy!


Like I said - SO. MUCH. FUN.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

AHHHH...she's so cute! I'm almost positive I'm going to have to miss her first birthday and that makes me so sad :(

Noxious = Ethan had some BAD gas. It didn't smell, but it was loud and in such big bursts that he could have rocketed into the air. And on case would have been walking farts had he been able to walk. lol.

As for my background/title. I DID IT MYSELF! Aren't you soooo proud of me! The way I did it was to just go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and click on "create a banner". It gives you instructions from there. If you can't figure it out, let me know which one you want and I'll do it for you. It's pretty easy though...heck, I figured it out! :)

Lindsay said...

So cute and sweet! I love hearing what is going on with my mommy friend!