Monday, February 15, 2010

My New Obsession...

Danielle's - Not Aubrey's (just thought I should clarify since, lets face it - this blog is all about Aubrey).

After Matt and I got married, I decided to take on the project of making us a nice, crafty, and expensive Scrapbook. Well, about a week and 4 pages into it, I gave up. In the last couple of weeks, I have decided to go back and finish that, for a few reasons. Mainly because I wanted to make cute pages of Aubrey, but I feel obligated to finish what I started with the wedding scrapbook. So, I'm making my way through the wedding scrapbook as fast as I can (which isn't very fast considering I work full time and take care of a baby while I'm not at work). So I've talked with my cousin Mandie a little, who does AWESOME scrapbooking, and also took our pictures for the wedding. I'm now addicted to the Studio Calico website, and immediately signed up to receive their monthly scrapbooking kits. I don't get my first one until March, and I'm looking forward to it very much! Go check out their website here. You'll see why I'm becoming obsessed, and I haven't even gotten to play with their stuff yet!

So, since I'm wanting to make really crafty scrapbooking pages, I thought that I needed to learn how to make some really cool pictures. I haven't really figured out my big, fancy camera yet, so I figured there had to be some really cool photo editing software out there so I could make my pictures look cooler (yes, that's a word!). I ran across a woman saying that she likes using this website for doing that, so I decided to give it try. It's FREE! So it doesn't get any better than that, except that it's AWESOME, too! Here is the main reason for my weird post. I played around with some pictures using that website, and here are my 'Before' and 'After's.

BEFORE:

AFTER:



BEFORE:
AFTER:
BEFORE:
AFTER:

How fun is that stuff?!

I can't wait to play around some more! I can do all of that and MORE (like make myself skinnier, whiten my teeth, make my 'blemishes' disappear, change the pictures to night vision, make them goofy, change them to any color I want, etc) for FREE! To get more effects, you can pay for it, but I think I've got more than enough effects to play for free for now!

Oh yea - I tried to take a picture of some of my scrapbook layouts so I could post them here, but I just couldn't make them come out right...I need to figure out how people take such good pictures of them. Mine have the floor in the background, and the pictures get a huge glare on them from the flash. Either that, or I turn the flash off, and it makes the pictures all have an orange-ish tint. Really weird.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

"Cooler" is only a word in the sense of the object that keeps beverages cold! :) And a person in the casino's who "cool" off the "hot" tables. haha

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the ideas! I just pulled out my scrapbooking stuff - I have put on hold my wedding one for far too long! So, we are in this together!