Well, we figured out last night that Aubrey can be motivated to walk with food! As you can see, she was coming at me to steal my Goldfish Pretzels! She did this over and over again for us, so she's definitely started taking her first steps! The daycare didn't say anything to me about it when I picked her up yesterday, so I think we really did get to see her first steps!
**UPDATE: When I dropped Aubrey off at daycare this morning, I asked her teacher about if she'd walked for them at all yesterday, and she had :( Stupid daycare, getting to see all her milestones before me. The teacher said that when Aubrey took her 3 steps there, she started screaming (the teacher did) because she was so excited for her, and scared everyone in the room. But then, she decided that she didn't want her to walk anymore because they'd promote her to the next classroom. The promotion happens when the child can walk, and can feed themselves and use a sippy cup. Aubrey's been good with feeding herself and the sippy cup for a couple/few months now, so as soon as she starts walking well, she'll be moved up. I've learned that the new classroom only lets those kids nap from 12-2...that's it. If they don't want to nap then, then they don't get a nap. That makes me nervous since Aubrey has FINALLY started taking 2 1-2 hour naps a day! They'll take it away from her and she'll be a grouchy pants! Oh well...I guess she's got to grow up sooner or later... :(
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awe! My niecey-poo is growing up too fast! I hope I can come to her birthday party :/
YAY Aubrey! She must really love to eat if it motivates her to walk!
Post a Comment