Saturday, February 23, 2013

9 Months

Well, here we are, with Maci reaching the 3/4 of a year mark!  I can't believe how fast time has flown, and I just love watching her explore and learn.  Here is a little of what she is up to these days....
This is my favorite from this month's pictures.  I just HATE that you can see the design on the onesie peeking out from behind her 9 month sticker!! 
~ She is now busting out of most of her 12 month clothes, except for the pj's.  Still wears a size 4 diaper.  I have no idea on her weight and height yet, as her 9 month check up is on Wednesday.  I'll update on that afterwards.  We're going to a new doctor starting with this visit, too, so hopefully that works out.  They came very highly recommended, and I was tired of having to drive downtown for all the appointments.  (Although that was always my excuse to check out what's new at Pottery Barn and PBK, since they're next door...)
~ I know I keep saying that she's SOOO close to crawling, but she really, really is!  LOL.  She gets up on all fours, gets into pushup position, army crawls, lunges forward, and wiggles her way across the floor, but no actual crawling yet!
~ ALWAYS wants to stand up
~ Loves pushing her chomp and clack walker everywhere, and pushing her little activity table around, too.
~ Enjoys eating table foods more so than baby food.  She seems to be going on a baby food strike, and I'm not sure if it's because I've bought a different kind, or if she just prefers "real" food over the pureed stuff.  Still doesn't like fruits and yogurts much, though.
~ Has started waking up more at night again.  I'm VERY sad about this, because I'm going to have to sleep train (aka, let her cry) again.  She's waking up 3x a night, and the only thing that puts her back to sleep is nursing her, so I give in.  Matt will be going out of town this week, so I'm thinking it'll be a good time to train her back into sleeping better.  She's still napping good, though, with 2 1-2 hour naps a day.
~ Drinks very well out of a sippy cup, and has tried and seemed to enjoy a couple of sips of regular cow's milk.  I'm hoping this is a good sign for when I'm ready to wean her and transition all the way over to cow's milk.  As much as I love breastfeeding, I'm just soooo ready to be done at this point!  for lots of reasons...
~ Still doesn't jabber too too much, but does occasionally come out with more than just screams.  Lots of "ehhhh" and "wawawawa".  No "d" or "m" sounds, though :(
~ I'm sad to say that she still doesn't wave or clap or say mama or dada.  I know the waving and clapping is because I don't do it often enough to teach her (I don't leave her often enough to wave!), but heck if I don't say "mamamamamama" enough to teach her that!  LOL.  I think she just has the second child mentality/syndrome of the sibling doing all the talking for her.  We all know Aubrey is a little chatterbox!

Here's a few more pictures from today's "photoshoot".  I sure wish I was a better photographer!



 I can't seem to think of anything else at the moment.  When I come back to update on her height and weight this week, maybe I'll think of a few more things to add....

No comments: