It was so nice to get to Fairfield again! I hadn't been since before Matt and I got married, so over three years! Time sure does fly! Really, we just hung out, took lots of Ranger rides around the property, spent time with family, picked lots and lots of blueberries, and played in the dirt.
My family also came up to Fairfield on Saturday night, our last night in Texas, as did Mary Beth's parents. It was really nice to meet them, finally, and a great time with so many members of my family at once!
On one of our Ranger rides, we came across 5 of the Axis deer that Matt's family purchased to raise on the ranch...
and Aubrey really enjoyed the Ranger ride looking back at Todd and Mary Beth in the back...
until Mr. Sandman hit her, at least.
And of course, some family pictures:
(I suppose I should have told Courtney to use the flash when taking our picture to fill in the shadowy areas...Todd knew, when he took our picture below...ah, well.)
Aubrey LOVED picking blueberries to eat right off the bush. I think I even heard her say "blueberry" once. Seriously.
And now if this isn't THE picture of a kid just happy to play in the dirt, I don't know what is!
And it just kept getting worse....


....and worse........
(look at that sassy little hip stickin' out!)
and then Courtney's usual "AH! Ya'll are about to leave and I didn't get a picture with Aubrey!" picture...
From Fairfield, it was back to the airport on Sunday morning.
All in all, a very enjoyable trip!
(Minus one certain someone who happened to complain the whole time. Any guesses?!)
All in all, a very enjoyable trip!
(Minus one certain someone who happened to complain the whole time. Any guesses?!)
2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful trip! She is growing so big and is so pretty!
I thought your big fancy camera KNEW when to use it's own flash! :/ I'm sorry. :(
Post a Comment