Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trip to Houston Post 1 - Circus and other random pictures

Sorry it's taken me a while to get these posts put together! I say that because I KNOW I will have to split this trip up into multiple posts...I'm so overwhelmed with pictures from it! I started out with 598 pictures when we got home (we'd already gone through and deleted obviously bad shots by looking at them on the camera), so I started weeding through them again, and got it narrowed down to 359 pictures. That is absolutely ridiculous!

Anyway, we got into Houston on Saturday afternoon, so we just hung out with my whole side of the family (minus Trey, my sister's husband). We went out to eat at a new Chinese buffet by my parents house, where Aubrey amazed everyone with her eating skills! It's amazing how much food that tiny, cute, little girl can cram down! I didn't get any pictures that day, except to get a shot of Aubrey with my grandparents, Mimi and PawPaw.Sunday, we woke up and went to Sunday School with my parents, because they of course wanted to show off Aubrey to all their friends there. We went straight home from there and changed clothes to go to the zoo! Aubrey did surprisingly well, and didn't get too squirmy until later in the show. We only ended up leaving about 10-15 minutes early. But, we probably waited too long, because Aubrey was tired and frustrated enough to bite me! She also got her first taste of cotton candy, and it totally confused her...very cute! We made sure we got to the circus early, because they had a "meet the animals" thing beforehand. We figured she might be more interested in that than sitting still for the circus...and I think she did enjoy it!Of course, she pointed at all the animals (horses, in the above picture), and said "DAT!". In the next picture, we had lined up in front of the tiger's pen to get a family picture. While my dad was fiddling with my camera (because I had given it to him fully zoomed in), one of the tigers came and jumped up and stood against the fence right behind us! It would have been a really cool picture, but hence, we didn't get it...And here is the Barnum & Bailey motorcycle made by Orange County Choppers:Monday, a girl that I went to High School with and have kept up with through Facebook, Christin, took pictures of Aubrey. She is an up and coming photographer who was looking to get a few shots to add to her portfolio. Of course, I was happy to get more cute shots of Aubrey, so we met and she took pictures. While she was taking pictures, Matt just walked around the gardens where we took them at taking pictures of plants, flowers, bugs, and just general scenery. I'll spare you those pictures, but as soon as I get the ones that Christin took, I'll post those. She did an awesome job! After the photoshoot, my family went on a shopping spree to the Woodlands mall, then I met my best girl friends, Taryn, Amanda, and Emily for dinner at Pappasitos! YUM! I miss me some good Tex-Mex! Taryn is also building a photography portfolio, so she also took some pictures of Aubrey that night. I'll post those once I get them, also.

I think I'll make that the end of this post, because Tuesday was the Houston Zoo, and I have a TON of pictures from there!! I'll leave you with a few random pictures of Aubrey I took on Monday...(Blowing kisses...these pictures never turn out as cute as it is in real life :))

No comments: