Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trip to Houston Part 2 - Day at the Zoo

As I finished the last post, I said that on Tuesday we went to the Zoo. I'll tell ya, it was HOT. H-O-T. and Humid. Other than that, it was pretty enjoyable. I'm going to go ahead and make this a mainly picture post, and just add a little (dumb) commentary when I feel it's necessary. Animal pictures are pretty self-explanatory, but I did get some good pictures, so I'll share a few of those...
How cute is this little guy's face??! And below is Aubrey watching the seals...In the aquarium watching some fish...Aubrey really seemed to enjoy the flamingo's, and I tried to set her up on the fence in front of them to get a cute picture of her with them in the background, but the fence was hot and ended up burning her...BAD Mama!Above: Shoe-Billed Stork, I believe...Very, very weird looking.
Below: Owl with what appears to be a funky eye, but don't worry...he opened it later. He was just giving us the skunk eye!! :DThe next few are in the little petting zoo area...all they had were goats, so I was little disappointed! A few of them had really pretty Dexter-like, blue eyes.haha...I thought these were funny...Aubrey's practically trying to climb THROUGH the fence...Baby Elephant!! I have TONS of pictures of this little guy, but just chose one...so cute!The day before we went to the zoo, one of the giraffe's died while giving birth, and the baby died shortly thereafter. So sad, but there was nothing at the giraffe pen at all that announced or gave away the tragedy. First, Aubrey and I looking at the giraffe's, and the next one was taken while we were walking through a little tunnel behind the giraffe pen. There were little rooms in the back of it so they could go inside if they wanted, and there were windows in the tunnel so we could see them. The picture makes it look like a 2 headed giraffe, but of course, there were just 2 of them in there!In this terrible, blurry picture, Aubrey is petting a little hedgehog! I'm sad the picture turned out so blurry, because he was ADORABLE!!Between Matt and I, we got tons and tons of cool reptile pictures, but they got cut...lol. There's just too many pictures!

So, that was the zoo trip in a nutshell! Next up, spending time with Matt's side of the family (and saved for another day!)!

1 comment:

Chet and Ashley said...

Danielle, Aubrey is S O C U T E! She's starting to look just like you too! I love the ones of her leaning way out of the stroller! By the way...is that a Jeep umbrella stroller? Where did you get it? I'm in the market for one...