Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not too much to update...

Well, I don't really have much to update on, but I've been told that I need to update, so I guess I'll make this up as I go. I can post a few pictures, though :)

I guess our biggest news is that Aubrey's belly button stump FINALLY fell off. The hospital and pediatrician tells you that it should be gone within 7-10 days, but it took Aubrey's a full month to fall off - April 30th! Crazy! She's doing really good. Feedings have been a little frustrating for me lately because Aubrey seems to get either sleepy or distracted, so she doesn't eat for very long. Since I'm breastfeeding her, I have no idea how much she's actually eating, I'm just having to get as much in her as I can. Since she's not eating much at each feeding, that means that she's wanting to feed very often! I can't just sit around all day with her attached to me like a little leech, and I sure as heck don't want to be up all night doing the same thing!! I'm sure we'll get it all worked out, though. Her nighttimes have been a little crazy, too. Some nights, she eats and then goes right to sleep, so I'm able to get in bed pretty quick, and other nights, she just wants to cry and cry. We never know what it'll be like until the time comes, though!

Holding Aubrey like this seemed to help on one of those nights that she just cried and cried...

I just thought she looked so cute and comfy in her Boppy! It kind of makes me wish they had boppy's for adults! It looks comfy!
Here's Aubrey and her Daddy :)

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Thanks for the update...I love the pictures of Matt and Aubrey. So sweet.

Emily said...

Ah I so love her! and you hehe...did you get my present yet?

Lindsay said...

Daddy's little girl! Love it!

The Adams Family said...

We are going through the same exact problem... Addyson likes to "snack" every hour or so! It makes feedings during the night terrible, since she's up literally every hour to hour and a half wanting to eat! It's hard on Derek because he wants to help out during the night, but I've been letting him sleep since I'm BF there's really not much for him to help with, hehe!