Monday, April 20, 2009

Bad Hair Day

I noticed that it's been over a week since my last post...I thought I better put a little update on here before I get yelled at by certain people! :)

Anyway, we gave Aubrey a bath yesterday, and her hair was really crazy afterwards. I just had to get a picture of it. Turns out, I captured one of her looks that she gives us a lot, along with the crazy hair! I still think my baby is adorable, and I'm not afraid of sounding biased/conceited about it either!! :)
Everything is still going great with us. I'm getting a little more used to the schedule of being a mommy, and have been able to have a couple of outings with Aubrey by myself. She's eating well...for those that didn't know, I had a really hard time breastfeeding at the beginning. Everyone warns you that it's hard, but I just thought people were being wimps and needed to suck it up. Well, it's no joke...it HURTS. I've finally made my way through the pain, and enjoy feeding her now, for the most part. She has some days that she would rather eat a 5 minute snack every hour instead of eating a good meal and then waiting 3-4 hours until the next one. That is pretty frustrating to me, but for the most part, she's doing great. She doesn't spit up much, and she sleeps a lot during the day, and really well at night. She's even been sleeping in her own crib since the first night we brought her home. The whole "family bed" thing really freaks me out...I'm afraid I'd be the next mom on the news that rolled over during the night and smothered her baby. I think that for our first week at home, every time I woke up I was in a panic that I'd lost Aubrey in the covers/pillows in our bed, and she was never even there. I'd hate to have seen my panic attacks if she really had been there!

We had her newborn pictures taken last Monday, and I get to go see them tomorrow. I didn't expect them to take that long, but hopefully they turn out good! I've been waiting to get these pictures back to have her birth announcements made, so those will be VERY late...I feel like a slacker! Better late than never, though, right?!

I just think these are cute, too. She was sitting her swing and this hat that she was wearing is just wayyy too big for her. I looked over there and it had practically covered her whole face. It looks like she's lifting it off her head in the second picture....haha

No comments: