Sunday, March 22, 2009

3 weeks left!

OK, so I've decided to start counting backwards now. I can't believe we will be (or better be!) holding our little girl in 3 short weeks! These pictures are getting nastier and nastier as time goes on...not only is my belly huge (understandably), but my face and everything else is, too. Be glad I'm sparing everyone the agony of seeing my bare belly at this point!
Everything went fine at my dr's appointment this week. My BP was high the first and second time they took it (high as in...about 145/105!!), but they decided to just check it again before I left, and it was down to 132/76. Who knew your BP could change that fast?? Anyway, since it finally did go down, they aren't worried. That, along with the fact that it wouldn't be a bad thing for me to go into labor at this point. Matt came with me to this appt so that we could go take a little tour of Labor & Delivery (l & d). Everything was just as I expected it to be (since I'd had to go there once before!), except for the nursery! I guess I've watched too many movies, but I expected to see a big glass window in a long hallway that had all kinds of rows of little beds for all the babies. There was no glass window to see in the nursery! And when they took us in there, there were 2 "well baby" beds, and 1 NICU bed. I guess I was more expecting the Houston hospital type nurseries, not Durango! Anyway, I'm excited because once you're admitted into the hospital, you labor, deliver, and recover in the same room (which is big!), and you have your own whirlpool tub in your room, and the baby rooms in with you unless you decide to send her to the nursery.

Overall, it's been a good week! We're just excited about meeting our little girl!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I bet you two are so excited! You don't look huge BTW! Can't wait to see pictures when Baby A decides to gace us with her presence!

Unknown said...

Hey girl.. you look great.. you are all Belly you skinny thing!! Cant wait to see that cute baby when it pops out...

Taryn said...

I can't wait to meet her!! The anticipation is killing me, hehe. You are going to be such a great mommy. :)