Monday, February 16, 2009

32 weeks

Well, I'm a little late getting my 32 week picture up. I apologize!
Anyway, there I am, in all my pregnant glory.
I had a dr. appointment this past Friday. It wasn't quite as boring as the others have been. First thing they did when I got there was weigh me. I had lost half a pound since my last appointment 2 weeks ago. Weird, but really nothing to be worried about. So then, they took my blood pressure. It was high, which is sort of normal for me - they'll usually just wait a few minutes and take it again and it'll go back down to normal. Well, it didn't. So, they said that they would like to do a non-stress test (NST) on us, just to make sure that Aubrey was doing ok and that she would give them the reaction during the test that they like to see. (The normal reaction is for the baby's heartbeat go above their baseline heartbeat by about 15 bpm, and to remain escalated for about 10 seconds. This shows that the baby is active, and that their heartrate reflects the activity.) Well, they didn't get the reaction from her that they wanted, so the doctor told me that he'd like to send me to Labor & Delivery so they could hook me up to another NST - just in case, as well as have blood drawn to be tested for toxemia and pre-eclampsia.

At that point, I started to panic a little, but tried to remain as calm as I could. It ended up that my blood results came back in the normal range, Aubrey's heartrate did exactly as they wanted, and my blood pressure eventually fell back down to the normal range. They just wanted me to schedule a follow up appointment for this Friday so they can check my blood pressure. I wanted to ask if I could just have it checked at Walgreens and then report it to them, but I thought that might not go over. So, I'll be driving to Durango for dr. appointments for 3 weeks in a row!

Everything turned out fine, though, and we seem to still have a very healthy and active little girl growing away in there! It's so hard for me to believe that I've only got about 8 more weeks of this to go...I've really loved pregnancy and all the cool (and not so cool) things it entails, but I'm just ready to meet our little girl face-to-face!

I'm also looking forward to my Farmington Baby Shower. My wonderful neighbor, along with 2 other friends will be throwing it for me on March 7th. Baby Showers are always fun...just to see all the CUTE baby things!! :)

2 comments:

The Adams Family said...

I'm so happy that everything turned out fine with Aubrey and you!!! Kudos to your doctor though for playing on the safe side and sending you over to L&D. You are soo close... Only 8 short more weeks :)

Merchant Family said...

I know you are so excited!!! Good luck with everything :) I love seeing all the updates. You look so cute too.