Tuesday, April 23, 2013

11 Months!

Holy Smokes.

My baby is 11 months old.  ELEVEN MONTHS!!  That's almost a year, people.  And I don't want her to grow up.  She can just stay juuuuust like this!
Is that not the happiest dang face you've ever seen?!
They totally love each other.  Even if Aubrey does drop Maci on her head.  Which she did.  And came clean about it a couple of days AFTER it happened.  After I questioned her about it again, because I caught her pushing Maci down.  ahhhh...I guess siblings do those things, right?

At 11 Months, Maci:
 ~ Still wears size 4 diapers and either 12 or 18 month clothes.  They both fit for the most part.
~  Eats only table foods - no more baby food.  She has finally started eating fruits (apples, pears, lil' cuties oranges, grapes, bananas), but mostly still loooooves meat!
~  Will let go of what she's holding onto while standing for relatively long periods of time.
~  Has taken anywhere from 2-4 steps by herself!  I expect full on walking before her birthday!
 ~  Thinks she's a big, big girl most of the time.  See the picture below?  She's standing on the chair, and half a second after I took this, she fell.  lol
 ~  Jabbers LOTS.  Makes a lot of noises and grunts, and I would bet money that she says "fish", but still no dada or mama!  Craziness!
~  Has her 2 little "lovies" that she loves to carry around still.  Not sure if I mentioned this on another month, but one of them is the little pink giraffe blanket in the above picture.  And you can see where she's holding it in the below picture.  It HAS to be held by one ear and horn.  Always.
Relaxin', Mom!
~  We've started the weaning process.  Believe it or not!  She would still prefer to nurse, but I dropped one nursing session first, and now have dropped the second one.  In place, she's getting sippy cups of formula.  She drinks it fine, but doesn't sit there and chug the whole thing like a baby typically does with a bottle.  She just sips on it until her next feeding.  I haven't dropped any of the feedings where I'm basically nursing her to sleep yet, but that will be next.  I'm very nervous about this, but I know it's necessary. 
~  Sleeping has been not so great..I'm assuming because she's not getting as much milk during the day anymore, so she's waking at night to get it.  Which doesn't help much. She's slept through the night a few times randomly in the last month, but mostly wakes up 1-2 times, sometimes worse.
~  Still has just 2 teeth
~  She ate spaghetti for the first time the other night.  Think she liked it?!

I really can't think of anything else.  We've got nothing going on here...the school year is coming to a close for Aubrey though, so I'll soon be home all day every day with both of them.  I'm a little nervous for that, but I guess I'll try to make some/more zoo and aquarium trips, set up more playdates, go on picnics, etc.  Hopefully our crazy weather will go away and we'll get some pretty days soon!  We've been having a nice day here and there, but then have a day like today, where it's raining and 40 degrees out!  Come on!  It's the end of April!!





No comments: