....For now, anyway!
Aubrey finished preschool at Asbury this year on May 10th. But I'm just now getting around to posting about it! She LOVED going to school and was sad that the year was over. She loved her teachers and made new friends. She got taller, smarter, sassier, and more beautiful. It amazes me to see the changes this little girl makes, and how smart she is! Her teachers kept a really sweet binder with some highlights from the year there, including lots of pictures and drawings and artwork. I was amazed by how much they put into it, considering there were 13 other kids in her class that they did the same thing for!
Here is a side-by-side of her first and last day of Preschool:
She will go back to the same school for Pre-K next year, which she is already talking about all the time! She's actually asked us to go everyday next year instead of just MWF. I tried to sign her up, but ended up being first on the waiting list for the TR class. I know that she'll be going to school full time soon enough, though, so I was secretly a little happy that we couldn't sign her up! :)
Since she's so anxious to learn and was sad to see the school year come to an end, we signed her up for a place called Oxford Learning. They had put a flier in her cubby at the end of the year, so I called them. She's gone a few times already, and loves that, too. It should get her a head start on reading and help her with writing her letters correctly. She can write her name, but doesn't do a lot of her letters the "technically correct" way. Turns out, the teacher that she's working with at this place will be her Pre-K teacher at Asbury next year! I couldn't be more thrilled with that, since she'll get to know her teacher on a one-on-one basis before school even starts. Ya know....get her ahead of the game! ;)
Next to come...Maci's 12 month photo shoot and happenings...!! A year?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun! I'm so glad she loved school. Sydney is starting a M,W,F (mornings only -- did Aubrey go all day?) in August, and is super excited about it.
Post a Comment