~ This little girl LOOOOOOVES her Daddy. Loves him. Like, he comes in the door in the evening, and she literally drops whatever she's holding, drops to her knees and crawls at warp speed in his direction. Once, she even thought about skipping the drop to her knees part, and almost tried to walk by herself! Then, if he's holding her and tries to give her back to me so he can change clothes, she screams so loud I think my ears may start bleeding.
~ Speaking of crawling to her Daddy, she's finally got that down pat. And she still loves walking behind her chomp n clack or along the furniture.
~ Still wears a size 4 diaper, and 12-18 month clothes. 18 month fits best.
~ Loves to scream and yell, just to scream and yell. and randomly blow a few raspberries here and there.
~ Still just 2 teeth
~ Loves to eat paper. Weird, but I think all babies will put paper in their mouth if you gave it to them. But she seems to be on the search for it. I'll catch her crawling in the bathroom just to take a bite out of the toilet paper. Or if I accidentally leave a paper towel on her high chair tray. Chomp. And if I try to get it, she chews it a couple times, then you can actually see her gulp it down and get a satisfied grin on her face, like "haha, mommy! I ate it! You didn't get it in time!"
~ She's a carnivore. Hard core. Put any kind of meat on her tray and she eats it. Fast. Put any kind of fruit or veggie on her tray along with it, and she'll pick through it to get to the meat. Give her any fruit, and she makes a sour face like you wouldn't believe!
~ She loves to eat pretzel sticks. She's never been one to be very happy in her carseat. So, one day (after trying many other things), I shoved a pretzel stick in her hand and she
~ If the door to our stairway is open, she will try to climb them, and is actually pretty good at it.
~ She has 2 lovies that are interchangable, but she loves her little blankets with the animals attached. She sleeps with them, and will carry them around for a while after her naps, or in the car sometimes (they help, along with the pretzels). It's really cute the way that she holds them by the ear (giraffe) or wing (owl).
~ Randomly started reaching in her crib when standing in her room and grabbing her paci, and keep sucking on it. I find it kind of cute, but don't want to start that habit completely since we've gone so long without it. I don't mind it for sleeping, but don't want it throughout the day. So I yank it out of her mouth, and she doesn't get mad, but just seems to enjoy it for a while. lol
~ She loves playing with balloons!
~ She got her first big bobo last Saturday. I was unloading the dishwasher and she was standing at my feet playing in the tupperware drawer. I turned to put a cup away, and she fell and hit her eyebrow on the corner of the drawer. Holy Smokes. I picked her up and looked at her face to see what hit about 0.2 seconds after she fell, and there was already a bruise and goose egg. I grabbed an ice pack, ran outside where my neighbor, who happens to be a doctor, was gardening and had him take a look at her. He poked around and shined (shone?) a light in her eye and said that as long as she acts like herself for the rest of the night, she looked perfectly fine. I'm still surprised that the bruising or bump never got worse, and how fast it showed up. I'm just glad she's ok, but talk about giving a mama a heart attack! Whew!
~ She just started clapping today! (As you can tell in the next 2 photos) And sometimes, she'll give you a high five if you ask for one. Sometimes. :)
~ Got her toenails painted for the first time. (This was not planned. I just went in my bathroom to trim her toenails, but the polish was all left out from just doing Aubrey's, so I gave it try. She sat there so nice!
~ This is what she'd prefer to do while I'm doing her photo shoot.
~ They love each other so much. It makes my heart happy. When Aubrey will wake up from a nap, Maci gets a huge grin, crawls over to her, and plants a big, slobbery kiss right on her face!
I totally know that I'm missing lots of stuff here, but I plan on making a new post soon with lots of pictures of just random moments from the past couple of weeks that I've taken with my phone. This past week was Aubrey's spring break, so we went to the zoo one day and have lots of pictures from that. As well as swimming lessons. I promise that post within a few days.
1 comment:
I foresee a " my strange addiction" in the paper eating. Lol
Post a Comment