Friday, July 27, 2012

Humorous Aubrey-isms

ok, there are a LOT of these, and I should have been writing them down as they happened, but I haven't, so I'm going to write out as many of them as I can remember, in no particular order, but I can say that all of these happened since we've moved to Oklahoma, so it's been in the last 4-5 months.  Now, I must say that Aubrey has been causing me MANY headaches now-a-days.  Part of it is being a three year old, and I'm sure part of it is Maci coming and stealing our attention.  I'm really trying to work on my patience and just brushing off things that aren't all that important, while still working with her on listening and following directions, and to STOP. THE. *(&%&(. WHINING!  I must say though, that she is an extremely smart,  funny, and fun to be around little girl when she's in a good mood, but when it's a bad mood, or she's being bad, ohhhhhh man....

Anyway, a few of the things she's done lately that have had me in stitches:

1.  As Matt was walking out of Aubrey's room from putting her to bed for the night, she follows him back out and asks for "sloth" (floss).  He asks her why, because she just brushed her teeth.  She said, "because I have sumpin (something) stuck in my teeth".  He again asked what it was, and she just shrugged her shoulders and said very matter of factly, "A booger." OMG.  Matt pretty much started gagging right then and marched her over to me and told her to tell me what she had just told him.  She refused to tell me though, because I've been getting onto her about picking her nose and eating her boogers.  (I mean, lets be honest.  We all pick our nose.  That's not what bothers me.  But eating the booger?  That's plain disgusting.)  So, I went fishing for boogers out of Aubrey's teeth that night.  Nice, huh?  I know you're jealous....

2.  Aubrey, Maci and I were shopping at Sam's.  I stopped to look at something, then started walking again.  After taking a few steps, I turned around to make sure Aubrey was following me.  She was not.  She was standing ine the middle of the aisle, blocking traffic (literally...there was a large family standing behind her waiting for her to move so they could continue walking), with her finger up her nose to the second knuckl.  Holy cow, talk about embarrassing!  I of course whisper yelled (that makes sense, right?) "AUBREY!!  Get out of the middle of the middle of the aisle, and for pity sakes, STOP PICKING YOUR NOSE IN PUBLIC!!", then apologized to the family being blocked, as they were cracking up and saying "No problem!  Sometimes you just gotta get it!".

3.  We were on our way into the mall through JCPenny.  I got sidetracked by a great sale on men's jeans, so I started looking through them to see if they had Matt's size.  I noticed that Aubrey wasn't in sight, so I called her name.  She answered from the other side of the display, so I just kept looking.  About 10 seconds later, I decided against the jeans and went to find her.  I walk to the other side of the display to find Aubrey standing in front of a male mannequin with his fly unzipped and spread apart, and her looking inside to see if he had a peepee.  There was a group of people walking by at that instant, just to make it even more embarrassing.

4.  Every morning, when Aubrey wakes up, she comes and gets in bed with me and asks to watch cartoons.  I usually just roll over and grab the remote, turn them on, and then go back to sleep.  In the few seconds that I had my eyes open, I saw what looked to be a scab on Aubrey's chin, and I knew she didn't go to bed with it, so I asked what happened.  I don't remember exactly her response (as I was half asleep), but it was probably something to the effect of shrugged shoulders and an "I don't know", but I do know that it involved needing a band aid.  She got up and got one by herself and put it on her bobo.  Later that day around lunchtime, she took the band aid off.  I decided to take a closer look at the bobo, just to find out that it was not a bobo.  It was a booger.  Lovely.

5.  Aubrey and I were coloring with highlighters at the dining room table.  At one point, I got up and walked out of the room for something, bringing with me a pink highlighter.  I heard her yell from the dining room, "HEY!  Where did my dad-gum pink highlighter go?!"

That's my girl....
That's all that I can think about right now, but I just know that I'm forgetting some.  I'll try to add them as they happen from now on.  These are just too funny not to share!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

These are just as funny the second time around! I can't stop laughing. :))

Chet and Ashley said...

Those are HILARIOUS, Danielle! She is so cute. I know what you mean about the whining though...it makes me want to have my eardrums removed. :( And there is no way (at least no way that I know of) to "get rid" of it. I think it just has to be endured.