Holy Smokes, I've gotten behind again.
I'm just going to start with the fact that my sweet baby girl is already 2 months old! She turned 2 months on Monday, but her two month appointment was today, the 26th. She weighed 12 lb 12.25oz, which put her in the 91st percentile, and 22.4 inches long, which is the 49th percentile. Considering she was in the 19th percentile for weight at her two week appointment, I'd say this little girl is chunking up SUPER fast! She had to get 3 shots at this appointment, and one oral vaccination. Turns out, she is more sensitive to them than Aubrey was, as I don't remember any reactions that Aubrey had. Maci vomited all over us in the evening after her appointment, and has been extremely fussy and has a low temperature. Poor thing! She's already in size 2 diapers and just about to grow out of her 3 month clothes! She's smiling all the time now, which sometimes hinders nursing sessions, and is starting to coo at us more and more. Here are a couple shots I took for her 2 months.
 |
| Sweet Smiles! |
 |
| Serious Maci-Face! |
As you can see in the above picture, she has a rash on her face. I wasn't too concerned about it, until it had been there for a couple of weeks, and then started to spread to her chest and shoulders. At that point, I called the dr and they wanted to see her. (This was last week, on Monday). So, come to find out, it's the same rash/crazy technical name as cradle cap. So, Maci has cradle cap of the face. Then, the following Wednesday, so two days later, her eye started swelling up. I knew that she had a clogged tear duct in her right eye, and that was causing it to ooze some green stuff all the time, but now, it was swelling. So again, I called the dr. and they wanted to see her. He couldn't tell if there was an infection, but gave us some prescription eye drops just in case. They cleared it up immediately, so all is well with that now. But this little girl has caused us more trips to the dr for minor things than Aubrey has in all of her three years! High maintenance! :) (But we love her anyway!)
1 comment:
Love Maci's headband, Danielle! She is too precious :-) My opinion is that she looks just like Matt (especially in the first picture). LOL--high maintenance! Syd was our high-maintenance baby :-)
Post a Comment