1. Courtney had baby Cash!
2. Aubrey's Birthday/Party
3. A HUGE snake in the backyard
4. Easter
5. Pregnancy Progression pictures/update
How did I end up this far behind?
I guess I'll start at the top. Baby Cash. Aubrey and I had plane tickets to go to Humble so that we could have my wonderful, generous Dad drive us and the dogs back home. This happened to coincide with Courtney's due date, so we were hoping to get to see baby Cash. We ended up getting there just a few hours after his birth, so we got lots of time with him! He was born March 23, 2012 at 10:31am, 6lb 6oz, and 18.5 inches long. He's SOOOO sweet!
Cash and mama are doing great - that little guy just loves to eat!! He's got a full head of blonde hair, too....you can't see that in these pictures!
OK, Aubrey's birthday. For her party, Jane and my Dad were both in town and able to participate in the party. Jane helped me with a lot of the preparation (since we were out of town for the whole week before her party seeing baby Cash), and my Dad manned the grill for the hamburgers and hotdogs. We had a few of Matt's co-workers over with their kids, and the neighbors on both sides of us. We rented out a big princess bouncy house for the kids that had a slide, and they all LOVED that. Between that and the sugar high that I'm sure they got (cake, ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough dip, candy from the pinata, etc...), I'm sure they all slept well that night! (after coming off their sugar high, of course...)
There was a TON of candy. I'm still eating it. :)
Alright. Snake. I kid you not, this almost scared me into needing some fresh panties. I opened the door to let the dogs out and turned to leave, but heard the dogs growling in a way that wasn't normal. I turned back around to see them messing with a snake. Not just a little garter snake. A BIG snake. I had no idea what kind it was, if it was poisonous, etc., so I started screaming and jumping up and down for the dogs to get in the *$&#^ house! Finally, the snake slithered behind some pots on the back porch and the dogs came in, and I called Matt to find out when I could expect him home. He had just left the office, so I had to watch that dang snake for 25 minutes to make sure he stayed put until Matt got home to kill it, or until it decided to leave so I could take some pictures. It stayed put until Matt got home, so he killed it.
As you can see, it's huge. And it had just eaten. After everyone's comments on facebook, I found out that it's a harmless snake, called either a Bull snake or Black snake or something of the sort. But either way, can you blame me for being a BIT scared?! (Especially after Dexter's water moccasin incident last year?)
Easter. ok, for Aubrey's birthday, Jane bought her an adorable dress. Adorable, but to small. So, we went to exchange it, and she picked out this really cute, huge, poofy, princess dress, so I told her that she had to tell Daddy that we needed to go to church so she could wear it for Easter. She did, and we did. I'm really sad that I didn't get a single good picture of her in it, but this will just have to do.
We also hunted Easter eggs on Sunday morning, but she wore her jammies and rubber boots for that part...LOL. (turns out that was a good thing, because she definitely stepped in some poop.)
The dogs may have also gotten to a couple of her eggs before she did. Oops. I knew I shouldn't have left them out there after hiding the eggs! We forgot to dye eggs the night before, so she just had the plastic ones :(
LAST, (finally), is my pregnancy pictures. I didn't take one at 31 weeks, so here is 32 weeks:
and 33 weeks:
I'm getting to the point of feeling huge and uncomfortable and just ready for this to be over. But, I've still got some time. I guess that's a good thing since we still aren't settled in the girl's rooms. Aubrey's is getting closer. We still need her bed and nightstand delivered, but since we had the trundle part of the bed, we went ahead and got her mattress and bedding, so she's sleeping in there now. Maci's room is starting to come along with getting stuff hung on the walls and clothes washed, but I still have major organizing to do in there, and need to get the toddler bed turned back into a crib. I need to make/buy things to hang on their walls, too.
So anyway, back to the pregnancy. I had an ultrasound on Friday and a dr's appointment this morning. Everything looks great - during the ultrasound, Maci was measuring about a 1/2 a week big, and about 4 lb. During the dr's appointment today, the dr told me she was in the 15th percentile, though? I dunno what to think of her measuring big, but being so small? Anyway, my blood pressure is back up to where it was before being on the medicine for it, so she hasn't increased my dosage or anything, but is wanting to do weekly appointments already, with an ultrasound at all of them. She called them a BBP scan or something? To measure the baby, the baby's diaphram (breathing motions), and the fluid levels. I assume (because she didn't say and I forgot to ask) that this is because she wants to see how well the baby is doing in case of me going into labor early, or her feeling the need to induce due to my BP. I'm hoping there is no induction, but I do hope that Maci decides to come naturally at around 37-38 weeks. I want her to be perfectly healthy, but spare me those last couple of weeks. Just like Aubrey did! :)
Easter. ok, for Aubrey's birthday, Jane bought her an adorable dress. Adorable, but to small. So, we went to exchange it, and she picked out this really cute, huge, poofy, princess dress, so I told her that she had to tell Daddy that we needed to go to church so she could wear it for Easter. She did, and we did. I'm really sad that I didn't get a single good picture of her in it, but this will just have to do.
LAST, (finally), is my pregnancy pictures. I didn't take one at 31 weeks, so here is 32 weeks:
So anyway, back to the pregnancy. I had an ultrasound on Friday and a dr's appointment this morning. Everything looks great - during the ultrasound, Maci was measuring about a 1/2 a week big, and about 4 lb. During the dr's appointment today, the dr told me she was in the 15th percentile, though? I dunno what to think of her measuring big, but being so small? Anyway, my blood pressure is back up to where it was before being on the medicine for it, so she hasn't increased my dosage or anything, but is wanting to do weekly appointments already, with an ultrasound at all of them. She called them a BBP scan or something? To measure the baby, the baby's diaphram (breathing motions), and the fluid levels. I assume (because she didn't say and I forgot to ask) that this is because she wants to see how well the baby is doing in case of me going into labor early, or her feeling the need to induce due to my BP. I'm hoping there is no induction, but I do hope that Maci decides to come naturally at around 37-38 weeks. I want her to be perfectly healthy, but spare me those last couple of weeks. Just like Aubrey did! :)
1 comment:
Great post, Danielle! It would have taken me five years to blog again after doing everything you've done in the past few weeks. You look awesome, and Aubrey's so precious! I can't wait to see what Maci looks like! And congrats to your sister--Cash is a handsome little man!
Post a Comment