Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tour of the House, Part 1

OK, I figure it's about time that I start posting pictures of the house. But it'll just be a little at a time. There's still a few rooms (Maci's, Aubrey's, and the play/scrapbook room) that aren't even close to being ready for pictures, and other parts, I'll just post slowly, because I took a TON of pictures already!

Alright - I'll start with the office. This is at the very front of the house, and we've pretty much filled it with all brand new furniture....We LOVE it. Here's a view of as much of the room at once as possible.and of the new couch that is AMAZING (we've already had one mishap with the dear head falling off the wall, bringing down that center drawing with it, and then smashing a brand new sconce that I had bought to hang up, but was laying on the couch. argh! It's since been secured to the wall better...)The pictures make it look a bit cramped, but I don't fell like that while I'm in here. Also, above the desk, there's currently one picture hanging. I've got my diploma at Hobby Lobby right now getting re-framed to match Matt's, so those will hang on either side once we get it back.As you step out of the office, you're in the dining room, which is connected to the entryway, as shown in the second picture.In the above picture, you can also see our new clearance china hutch purchase. I ran into that guy in the clearance section at the furniture store, and thought "Man. I love this. But I don't know what we'll do with it.". Matt walked in behind me and saw me eying it, and said "Ya know where that will go PERFECT??". haha. Well, that's where we put it :)

Here is the rest of the entryway where the china hutch we already had (from Matt's parents) is sitting.And then the view from the front door, around the other side of the entry...

Now, the kitchen...I still feel like I haven't completely figured out where I want everything in here, and so it still feels super cluttered to me. It's obviously a LOT less counter and cabinet space than the house we moved from, so I had to downsize by quite a bit.and the view from the other entry of the kitchen...and then the breakfast nook, in line with the dining room then office.Here's the living room (cartoons on the TV and all) with our new, huge entertainment wall unit. I love it, but still need to figure out how to decorate it better. For now, it's just got a bunch of picture frames in there.On the wall behind me while taking these pictures is the door to our bedroom, and a whole lot of nothing-ness. I plan on getting lots of pictures framed and making a family picture collage on it, once we get some maternity and newborn/family pictures made with Maci.

Here is our bedroom. This is again smaller than our room in Texas, and we were pretty worried about how everything would fit. I think it turned out just fine!And our bathroom, which is HUGE. I love it. :) (I do NOT like cleaning it. I have maids coming tomorrow to give me a quote on cleaning this house, and I'm pretty nervous about what they'll tell me :-/) I love the chandelier hanging in there, even though it's pretty plain, I just like the added touch :)and again, everything feels cluttered because we have no towel bars hung up yet. So all bathrooms have towels laid all over the place. here's the entrance to the bathroom, and to our closet.The closet is HUGE. We thought there was NO WAY we could ever fill it up, but guess what?I'd say we did a pretty good job of proving ourselves wrong!

OK, I think that's where I'll end my tour for today. I'm ready to go play with my crafts :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I see you DID get Aubrey's playground moved with you afterall. :)
And...I'm pretty sure I love the new house! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Christen said...

beautiful, danielle!