Monday, January 23, 2012

22 weeks

I already posted this on facebook and sent an email out to immediate family, but we have finally decided on a name for our little girl! She shall be Maci Blake Phillips! I am absolutely tickled pink that Matt gave in and let me use the "boy" name as a middle name!! I think it's adorable, and if you think otherwise, then pppplllttt!

Welp, as suspected, my doctor was NOT happy with me last week because of weight gain. And I wasn't happy with him after the way he told me to watch it. I mean, it's one thing to tell a pregnant woman that she needs to remember to still eat healthy, and that 250 extra calories a day really isn't all that much, but another thing to tell one that "Whoa. If you keep gaining at this rate, you'll end up gaining 70 pounds. Are you drinking lots of sodas, juice, sweet tea, sugary drinks??" Well, no. No, I'm not. So I must be eating just fine, thankyouverymuch. (Actually, it's carbs that get me, and I know this.) Anyway, in the 6 weeks it had been since he saw me last, I had gained 14 pounds according to his scale, for a total of 18 pounds. So since last Monday, I've been more conscience of what I'm eating and drinking. MY scale told me yesterday that I gained nothing in that week, so hopefully the gain will slow down a bit. I'd like to keep this one under 46 pounds gained like I did with Aubrey. Like, much under that! Because how in the heck would I lose it afterwards with TWO kids?! The thought just makes me cringe.

Anyway, enough of that. Here is my 22 week picture. I think I grew quite a bit since last week!
I am already getting that uncomfortable feeling of everything being pushed up into the little deep, dark area under my sternum (I guess??). And every night that I wake up flat on my back, my tummy hurts and hands are numb. I never had that with Aubrey. I try not to lay flat on my back, but what you do in your sleep is kind of out of your control, until it wakes you up because it's uncomfortable. Oh, and there is NO WAY that my boobs could possibly get any bigger. They have already hit the size they were when I gave birth to Aubrey and was nursing her, so I can only hope that they will not continue to grow. Ugh. So ready for my boob job.

Oh, and Courtney noticed and pointed out that last week that it looked like both of the pictures I posted were taken from the same vantage point on the couch. Please notice that this is where Matt parks EVERY night....not just the last 2 Sunday nights in a row! They are ALL taken from the same spot....lol.

From the sounds of this post, I'm miserable in this pregnancy, but that is far from the truth! Although the weird things that happen to your body are just that, they are also a miracle, and I enjoy feeling that miracle inside kicking, punching and nudging! I'm also super excited about making all of the bedding for Maci. I'm no seamstress, and it may look like I'm drunk when inspecting my sewing projects after the fact, but I'm still going to attempt the crib skirt and three sheets. My big box of fabrics should be here tomorrow (all 16 pounds of it!!), so I'm itching to get started!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

My belly is still so small, yet I don't know how it can get any bigger. Kinda feel the same way about my boobs. But your belly is definitely going to pass me up if it doesn't start getting bigger soon. My doctor says everything is on track though. I don't know why it's not getting much bigger??

And I absolutely agree with you, I LOVE feeling him move, nudge, kick in there. :) I don't care how uncomfortable I am at any given moment.

Chet and Ashley said...

Again, I LOVE the name! Maci Blake. So, so cute. I can't wait to see her nursery!

It's amazing what our bodies go through to conceive, carry, deliver, and then feed a baby. Crazy! And all of the hormones invovled with it...it's amazing new moms don't go off the deep end more often, ha!

To reply to your comment on my blog...dealing with two kids is like playing life-sized chess. I'm amazed that you went to the chiropractor with, not only Aubrey, but a 3-month old! That is VERY good practice. I only started going out with both of them by myself last week. I feel like I've gotten good at it really quickly, but it took me THREE MONTHS to even attempt it! You will do great! :-) And, honestly, it is good that Aubrey will be 3. There are some things Sydney just doesn't understand because of her age, that Aubrey will have no problem with.