This past weekend, Matt decided he needed to do something to actually use the tiny little jalapenos that we've grown on our plant in the front yard.
So, we went to the farmers market on Saturday morning to buy some jalapenos to supplement with, and he spent a couple hours on Sunday making some jalapeno jelly! He got the recipe out of a book of recipes that Amalie put together of Grandpapa's and Grandmama's. He was pretty impressed with himself for making the jelly, and it really did turn out pretty good, despite the fact that I'm not really a fan of jelly/jam of any kind. Here's the finished product...
I don't remember exactly what day this was, but we got a little rain out one day and I walked outside to find this really beautiful rainbow. You could actually see the whole semi-circle of it...
And what would this blog be without more pictures of Aubrey?? haha I'm not sure what was going on with her eye on Sunday, but it's not red like this anymore...
Here she is fresh out of the bathtub ..gotta love little nekkid babies! :)
Much to my dismay, we have had to start feeding Aubrey a bottle of formula before bed. It was just getting to the point of her not wanting to nurse well before bed, and then waking up up to 5 times overnight with nothing consoling her but eating more. We'll just say I was EXHAUSTED. So last night was the first night with formula, and she went to bed much easier and only woke up once, so I think that's what we'll start doing. I'm extremely sad about it, as I already think that she's preferring bottles (of anything) over breastfeeding, because she's able to get the milk so much quicker and she's frustrated with how slow nursing goes. I hate to think that we'll be done breastfeeding before I was wanting to be done, but that just might be the case :( I'm not giving up yet, though....
No comments:
Post a Comment