Sunday, January 18, 2009

28 weeks

Here we are at 28 weeks! (Curious Duke, included...)

Everything went great at my doctor's appointment last Friday! I took the gestational diabetes test, and to put it in the doctor's words, I passed it "with flying colors", so that's great news. They also checked for anemia with the same finger prick, and I was not anemic, either. She says that I'm doing great with my pregnancy, and have also been very lucky with it, and then looked down at her charts on my weight gain...haha. I have now hit the weight mark that I was hoping to be when I was delivering Aubrey, and I still have about 12 weeks to go!! She noticed the number, but wasn't worried or concerned - just explained that some people gain more than others, and some people gain it all in the beginning and then not so much at the end (ohhhh, I hope!). I once again looked back at all my pre-pregnancy pictures and got a little sad...I only hope I can look halfway that good after the baby! I was never one to really have sympathy for people who complained of baby weight, because I thought "Well, you wanted the baby, and gaining weight is part of getting one!" It's true...but it's still so hard to watch that scale just keep climbin....

While I was taking my bath this evening, Aubrey kicked me hard enough that you could literally hear it...I didn't know that was possible! We might have a little soccer player on our hands!! The nursery is coming along...we made quite a bit of progress this weekend. I don't want to post pictures until it's done, though, so you'll have to be patient. I basically just need to figure out where to hang everything on the walls, and then get the crib mattress so I can make her bed :) We had ordered a nice (faux) leather recliner for her room on New Year's Day, and we picked that up yesterday...I'm wondering if I could sleep in that more comfortably than the bed.....

No comments: