Matt called home last Tuesday to tell me that he is looking at a stray dog that someone had dumped way off by Angel Peak (an area that no dog could have wandered to alone, and with no nearby food or water source). I told him to bring her home and we'd figure out what to do next. We took her to the vet, and she's as healthy as a stray dog can be - no heartworms or sicknesses - except for being malnourished. We had them give her a bath, and all of her shots, and quickly thought up the name of Belle for her when the vet asked what her name was. (I don't know why...I've just always liked that name!) We asked the vet as to an estimated age and breed, and all they came back with was "I dunno. She still looks pretty young and kind of like a border collie." Well, we could have guessed that!! After having her for almost a week now, we're almost certain that she is a border collie, though.
We've gone back and forth about whether we should keep her or find her a good home, and our heads finally won out over our hearts. She's a cute and sweet dog, but 3 dogs in this little house would be way too much! So it looks like Matt's Grandpa is interested in "adopting" her, as soon as we can find a way to get her to Texas. Here's a couple pictures of her...
2 comments:
Awe... Danielle - that is so sweet.
Hey Danielle-
I just came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on your wedding and your new home. You two look adorable together and your home is so nice. It definitely looks like you. I hope you are enjoying it there and all is well.
~Kim
Post a Comment