Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring time! (we think...)

Well, after putting off our annual Lowe's trip for about 3-4 weeks, we finally decided (last weekend) that surely, we weren't going to get down below freezing again and we can go get our pretty flowers! (turns out, we were wrong...we woke up a couple times over the week and it was below freezing, but thankfully, everything is still alive!)

So anyway, here's a little tour of our yard as it looks now!

Our mini peach tree gave us 2 itty bitty peaches last year...this year, it looks like we'll get a whole lot more!and apparently peach trees attract ladybugs?? I dunno. I saw as many as 4 or 5 on there at one time!Looks like we'll be getting TONS of pears this year, too! (we haven't gotten any from these trees yet!)TONS of grapes, too! We got some last year...actually, quite a few, but I'm thinking more this year! They're concords, so they smell amazing :)And here's the blueberry bush. We got a whopping 3 blueberries from it last year, so hopefully we'll get more this year!And here's a couple shots of the backyard as a whole....A few brown spots, but pretty nice overall! (What can you expect with 2 huge dogs??!)

And the front yard...

These are some of my fav's. Just a mixture of stuff, but planted in a drink cooler thing that never got used as that. I just asked Matt to drill some holes in the bottom, and it looks great! These are also some of my fav's. I LOVE these. And I can't think of what they're called right now. If anybody knows, let me know :)Can't think of these, either. All I remember is that they're the Martha Stewart version of a type of flower my parents used to have ALL. THE. TIME.Don't know what this one is either (are you seeing a trend here?), but Matt picked it out. He's pretty proud of it. It does get VERY droopy when it's thirsty, though.We re-planted a new Hibuscus in the front barrel this year. The one that I chopped off a couple years ago just wasn't making a comeback this year. This time, we got the tree version :)Here's the front door area with our cute baby trying to walk on the sharp rocks with no shoesHere's the front yard as a whole. Now I don't know if ya'll remember how small the ornamental pear tree was when we first planted it, but there's a HUGE difference. I'll see if I can dig up one of those pictures...Ah yes...here's what it used to look like...BIG difference, huh?

And here's the new plants between the railroad ties......right before Miss Aubrey grabbed and shook it....

Anyway, there's our yard. We're very excited about all the fruit we should get this year, and just wish we were in Texas with a bigger yard where we could have a nice big fruit and veggie garden, and actually plant our little grapefruit and other citrus plants in the ground instead of in pots!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That tree was sooooooo puny!!!! You're yard looks very nice :)


And I just don't think Aubrey Sue could get a bigger smile on her face. Her cheeks would fall off. I'd say she likes apples. "I'm Jeffy and I like apples."