Well, as many/most of you know, Aubrey was in the hospital Tuesday and Wednesday with Croup. Here's the story...
Sunday night, I was seriously wondering whether Aubrey would be well enough to go to daycare on Monday. She seemed to be coming down with something, but at that time, I thought she just had a fever and runny nose. Monday morning, I decided that I'd take Aubrey to daycare and just let them know that she seems to not be feeling 100%, so to call me if they thought I should come get her. Around 2pm, they called saying she had a fever of 100.6, so I went ahead and picked her up. That night, I decided to sleep in the recliner with her on my chest since her nose was stopped up and she wasn't sleeping well while laying flat. At 1am, I woke up to her struggling to breathe. Her little chest was sucking in while her tummy was pushing out while she was trying to breathe. We ended up taking her to the ER where they said she had a severe case of croup. They gave her a breathing treatment and oral steroid to ease the inflammation, but after a few hours, she wasn't doing much better, so they wanted to admit her. She went kind of up and down after each breathing treatment, so they kept her overnight on Tuesday. By Wednesday afternoon, she was doing really good, so we got to go home. It's a scary thing seeing your baby have a hard time breathing :( Here are some pictures of her from in the hospital. Poor thing had to have an IV to stay hydrated, but the dr. wanted it mainly just in case she were to take a turn for the worst...


This last one was taken right before we were released
Aubrey is doing great now. Her breathing is a little loud and raspy, but you can tell that she's not having a hard time getting air in, which is great. She's still got a runny nose and a nasty sounding cough, but she's breathing MUCH easier! Such a relief!
Aubrey is doing great now. Her breathing is a little loud and raspy, but you can tell that she's not having a hard time getting air in, which is great. She's still got a runny nose and a nasty sounding cough, but she's breathing MUCH easier! Such a relief!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! Poor sweet baby! I had no idea she came down with that and had to be admitted to the hospital. I'm so glad she is better. Give her kisses for me!
Post a Comment