Saturday, December 1, 2012

6 Months!

Well, I've got some catching up to do!  Between taking care of 2 busy/needy little girls, getting ready for Christmas, going out of town for Thanksgiving, making our yearly Shutterfly book for everyone, etc., I'm getting behind on the blog!

Maci turned 6 months on Nov. 23rd, while we were at the Ranch.  I took her pictures 2 days late, I think, so no biggie!  Here she is!


So now, at 6 months, Maci:
~ Is SO MUCH happier of a baby.  Something just suddenly changed in her right after the 5 month mark, and she's so easy to be around now!  Whew!
~ Eats solid (pureed) foods once a day...I'm trying to start breakfast, also.  She likes butternut squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, zucchini, and green beans.  She does NOT like oatmeal, apples, or pears.
~ Finally starting rolling over from tummy to back!
~ Sits up unassisted very well, and loves to just sit there surrounded by toys.  She'll lean and reach for them, and sometimes end up flat on her face, but she doesn't seem to mind.
~ Tries to blow raspberries, but it doesn't work so well.  The result is this adorable "buh buh buh" sound.
~ LOVES her sister, or really just watching other big kids.
~ Squeals/Screeches like a little velocoraptor!
~ Weighs 19 lb 10 oz (96th percentile), and 26.5 inches long (74th percentile)!  She's such a big, chunky, adorable, sweet girl!  (Compared to Aubrey at 6 months...16 lb 3 oz and 26 inches)
~ Still takes 3 super short naps during the day (sometimes only 2, depending on our schedule!)

That's all I can think of for now, and she's waking up from her nap, so I guess that's all for the moment!

No comments: