Sunday, June 6, 2010

New this week...

Absolutely Nothing.

It's just very hot here. Record breaking, sweat as soon as you step outside HOT. We have 2 thermometers around our house. The sensor for one is on the shady side of the pillar in the backyard, so the temperature of our back porch. At about 6:30 tonight, it said this: (Yes, the time on the readout is 2 hours behind..and Yes, that DOES say only 4% humidity. Thank goodness. Could you imagine Houston humidity with that temperature!?)The other sensor is on the fence right outside of our bathroom (and we read the temperature in the bathroom so we know how to dress for the day :)), so it's in the sun for a huge part of the day. That one said this:ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN DEGREES. OW!

On another note, I've decided that it's just about time that I actually learn how to use this fancy camera of mine. I've just been using it on auto settings, and it takes absolutely beautiful pictures like that, but I want to learn how to be in control. I did learn one thing. Trying to learn this while taking pictures of a VERY active 14 month old does not mix well at all. I need a model that will sit still, which Aubrey won't do for more than about 1/2 a second. Duke worked just fine :) Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took. This first one is SUPER blurry, but I thought I'd post it anyway, because it's the one picture that I've taken of Aubrey where you can see all of her new teeth! (kind of.) Like that Pebbles hairdo? She's finally letting me put it up without her immediately ripping it back out. Sometimes.This one is also very blurry, but at least Aubrey, the subject of the photo, isn't...right? Anyway, I actually took this one as a black and white. I didn't know I could do that. It wasn't changed with camera software later! (Courtney, this is one of the tank tops you got for her. I almost lost them in the depths of her closet, but ended up finding them!)Here's a couple of the dogs. I really like the one of Duke, because it's focused on his face, but his body is blurry. Now I just need to figure out how I did that.Now this one of Dexter, I must explain. It was Aubrey's fault. Right as I snapped the picture, she ran smack into me. That's why it's blurry. (or at least, she can't argue otherwise, so that's what I'll claim!! :))I did get a better one of Dexter, but his eye was half closed, and that really annoys me.See?

Oh well. As you can see, I still have a LOOOONG way to go on learning that baby!

Anyway, that's all for us. Nothing exciting.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I don't remember that tank top. When did I get that for her? I really like that b&w one of Dex. I think it looks pretty cool. Aub looks hilar in the pebbles hairdo.

Chet and Ashley said...

How many teeth does little Aubrey have now?! Also, I probably need a new camera...but I'm afraid of technology. But I'm sure I'll appreciate it 20, 30, 40 years from now if I buy and take the time to learn how to use a great camera! Keep up the great work!